Byzantium - Seasons Changing CD (album) cover

3 stars I really enjoy this album.It is not a complicated album to get into,rather light fare,which suits me just fine. Side one is quite different from side 2.Side 1 is sort of a cross between ,less arty 10CC and less bombastic City Boy( in my ears).Side one is a *** stars affair. Side 2 is where everything falls into place and is a wonderful 20 minute 3 part suite.Clem describes it nicely,though I would say that there are parts CSN&Y Wooden Ships and Guess Who's Talisman plus some light Pink Floyd touches here and there. Instrumentation is quite professional and nice harmonies in the singing department.Love this piece and have no problem giving side 2 ****. I think Chas Jankel ended up working with Ian Dury,that was not mentioned in the other reviews I believe. So all around a nice solid 3*** affair.
gr8dane | 3/5 |