Nemrud - Journey Of The Shaman CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars Well, I have come to the album after all the hype in this and other sites. I find this album quite enjoyable after several spins, I am the kind of guy that feels admiration for the trio thing, as these three songs are basically guitar, bass and drum based.

The storyline about a shaman journey fits the music quite well, as it is spacey with symphonic leanings and psychedelic aura. In find the sound quite cool, very 70's, the guitar work . It surely reminds of the more spacey offers from Pink Floyd and Eloy, though a more raw sound is found here, and this is something I really like. A oriental flavour is also heard along the record, all in all these guys operate in Istambul!

I think the album is a bit repetitive and the vocal performance adds little value to the overall sensation, but is a pleasure to find this sounding and this adventorous ideas thrown in a record in 2010. I'll give it three stars, but I'll be after their next release, because I think they'll do better!

migue091 | 3/5 |