Mugen - Leda et le Cygne  CD (album) cover

LEDA ET LE CYGNE

Mugen

ZowieZiggy
2 stars This album sounds too melancholic and mellow to really be captivating.

It is too much of the same as well, even if some fine keyboards are the highlights throughout this work. At times, some interesting violin enters the scene ("Edmond's Old Mirror") but such a moment is unfortunately too scarce. As such, it is my favourite song from this offering.

As far as I am concerned, their debut was slightly better. Vocal parts are often inadequate and could have been avoided ("Bluge").

Anyway, the combination of almost classical passages with symphonic rock remains the trade mark from this Japanese band. Their certainly deserve a listen; but I should privileged their debut "Sinfonia della Luna" to do so.

Some neo sounds are also available ("Kamira") but if the intro isn't bad at all, what comes next is a combination of symphonic pop which is not always the best mix available. In all, this album is average and I am quite perplexed in terms of rating: two or three stars?

Let's call it two this time.

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |