Audience - The House on the Hill CD (album) cover

5 stars I have yet to hear an Audience song that does not sound good. This is the only recording I have of theirs (though I have heard some songs from other releases), but I am looking to obtain more. Another overlooked prog-rock classic from the early-70's. I know the record companies could not promote everything being released but there was a LOT of good music that did not get the exposure it warranted. This is one such album that should be in the upper echelon of the prog rock genre. I love this stuff..."Jackdaw" should be an FM classic, while "I Had A Dream" is the obligatory 'mellow' song that just aches with poignancy without sounding wimpy. "Eye To Eye" is a good take on the generation gap and "Indian Summer" is the hit song that never was. All in all, no self-respecting prog-rock fan or any fan of late-60's or early-70's music should be without this in their collection.
| 5/5 |