Sky - Sky CD (album) cover

4 stars What a beautiful album. I am very happy that the band has been included in ProgArchives. The first composition Westway is very energetic and as rockish as Sky can be taking into account classical training and careers of the members. I always imagine driving a car in the early morning through London. (Well, it can be any city.) Next two (Carillon and Danza) are very beautiful almost classical pieces played very skillfully. Gymnopedie is a good reworking of Eric Sati's famous piano piece. Cannonball is another my favourite. Very rockish and classical in the same time. The last almost 20-minutes Where opposites meet is a magnificent opus alhough slightly unfocused. I will not comment on misicanship, because it is impeccable. Highly recommended for any prog collection, especially if you like classical influence in prog music.
Foxy | 4/5 |