Payne's Gray - Kadath Decoded CD (album) cover

Payne's Gray

5 stars This album is one of few masterpiece albums for me. One of very few. This is not like in many progressive metal bands. Of course there is still metal, but... more then metal can give You :) First thing You shold take in your sight is the concept of vocalization. Two similiar sounding voices, but not the same in fact. Vocals are dancing together. Maybe someone, who looks for a more drived sound can feel disapointed, but for me those clean voices sounds briliant. Flute. Yes! In this album is flute too, and you can hear it in opening part. Great atmospheric music and making thoughts flowing to another world. To dreams made by H.P. Lovecraft. First there are boutiful dreams, but gradiently are becoming more nightmares. Story of searchin lost Kadath is great showed, I just can see it with my phones. I recomend to hear it, and I think it's impossible to know all masterpiece of this music from one track. It's just impossible. Sometimes music flows, and takes You to dreamland and then is becoming very very psychodelic. And everytime is just great! It's sad, that band will never more create such a briliant thing. I this case I realize that great art hides in shadows...
| 5/5 |