Earth and Fire - To the World of the Future CD (album) cover

TO THE WORLD OF THE FUTURE

Earth and Fire

hdfisch
3 stars I never listened to their debut but I own their 2nd and 3rd album as a 2in1-CD, which I find really excellent. This follow-up here cannot keep the standard that much, but it's still a quite enjoyable one. The first song resembles after a rather spacey intro a bit synthesizer dance music but actually in its second half it starts to become really very good with great guitar play.The end is similar to the beginning with synthesizer and a reprise of the previous disco theme. Second one is a nice acoustical piece with beautiful vocals. The last seagull starts with sounds of surfing sea which lead to a rather jazzy/funky theme followed by a more symphonic middle part and a short reprise of the beginning part. Very nice instrumental one. Only time will tell is a very melodic and rather catchy song, but quite nice and not so bad. Voice of yonder starts with soft keys developing into a quite interesting and versatile track, good but not really awesome. Well The remaining two songs, I could really not say, that they are bad, but as well not really special.

As a conclusion this is a quite good album with no real failures but as well without any highlights and not on par anymore with the two preceding ones. A bit better than average but I'm hesitating to call it an essential one. 3.5 stars would be adequate I think!

hdfisch | 3/5 |