Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson - Unnoticeable in a tiny town, invisible in the city CD (album) cover

UNNOTICEABLE IN A TINY TOWN, INVISIBLE IN THE CITY

Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson

Post Rock/Math rock

The Truth
4 stars Much more traditional post-rock for their debut.

I love their s/t album to pieces but their debut just really doesn't have the same vibe that the other one does that make me love it. It seems to me like it's more acoustic and doesn't have as much of the Youth Pictures of Florence flavor that their next album has. Each track is exceptional nonetheless, Van Gogh Painted Himself... is an amazing track actually, but it just really isn't anything new in the post-rock repetoire. The other tracks are very reminiscent of Godspeed which is good BUT I would listen to Godspeed if wanted Godspeed.

A List Not To Be Read At A Wedding is a big highlight, sort of has a preview taste for the next album and if you're looking for the GY!BE flavor try out Yet We Continue To Build There, The Structure whcih is great as well.

Solid debut, but there were way better things to come.

The Truth | 4/5 |