Syd Barrett - An Introduction To Syd Barrett CD (album) cover

AN INTRODUCTION TO SYD BARRETT

Syd Barrett

The Truth
4 stars This was a refreshing little compilation.

Only one new thing, I know, (and Rhamadan was an amazing little piece of work too) but he old stuff has never sounded better. Whatever David Gilmour did in producing this really gave the classic tracks some new life and that's always a good thing when it comes to Syd.

Among the greatest tracks on here are the newly mixed Apples & Oranges which I never like at first but this version has made it grow on me and Dark Globe which has much better sound quality than previously.

The new instrumental, Rhamadan, was a great track too. Frankly I didn't know Syd was coherrent enough to make music this good but his guitar abilities are really showcased with this and it is actually a very good track.

For those hardcore, and maybe not so hardcore, Floyd fans.

The Truth | 4/5 |