The Flower Kings - Adam & Eve CD (album) cover

ADAM & EVE

The Flower Kings

Hangedman
3 stars This is a hard review to write because its a good album, great musicians vocalists and composition (silly lyrics but I suppose that is acceptable). The biggest problem with it, however is that it is not terribly interesting. For something so long and seemingly ambitious they dont tread any new ground. When I browse my albums it never catches my eye, I only play it now just because I feel obligated since I payed for it.

The highlight of the album would be the title track, it manages to not tread to deeply into lameness and I adore the singing. The Biggest musical problems with the album are the length, and the occaisonal dip into annoying lyrics.

Id suggest it for the prog buffs out there who want to diversify into more modern things, but not really for newcomers.

Hangedman | 3/5 |