Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff CD (album) cover

GODBLUFF

Van Der Graaf Generator

migue091
5 stars So haunting, beautiful, eclectic and really perfect. Without a doubt is Hamill the leader of this combo and his personality, writings and vocal performance envolves each and every song. The aura has some kind of mystical, philosophical.

Every musician does here a great contribution in each piece, being the pedal bass and keyboards of Banton and the dynamically and heavenly drums by Evans the real deal. I find David Jackson's sax here and there a great addition to the songs but not so essential as the other ones.

The four songs here are perfect VDGG and in no other record they reach the level of creativity and passion they deliver here.

I really love The Undercover Man and Arrow, they are really mesmerizing. I used to prefer H To He, Who Am The Only One as my favouorite VDGG album, but in the last years Godbluff has been revealed in a clearer way to me. This is a must for every prog rocker, 5 solid stars!

migue091 | 5/5 |