Atomic Rooster - Headline News CD (album) cover

HEADLINE NEWS

Atomic Rooster

amipmcm
4 stars "Headline News" came in the 1983 and it was the last Atomic Rooster album with new material.

I have to admit that when I heard this album I was really surprised. Songs are really different from Atomic Rooster "classic" albums. Here you can listen the 80's influence: in this LP, for example, there are often digital drums.

For me, "Headline News" is a four star album. Songs are generally good... but not excellent. But "Machine" (a song that reflects a lot the Atomic Rooster 70's sound), the magnificent "Carnival" (a strange mixture of progressive sound, 80's rhythm and dark atmospheres) and "Land Of Freedom" (a pure pop song, but really nice) richly improve the album quality.

| 4/5 |