Primus - Pork Soda CD (album) cover

PORK SODA

Primus

Evolver
Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
3 stars I can listen to Les Claypool hammer away at his bass all day. But this album tires me out. Despite there being fifteen tracks on this album, there is a relative sameness to most of the songs, that wears away at me about halfway through.

Bet there are some good moments. Pork Soda, the song, is hilarious. So is The Air Is Getting Slippery (which has a reference to The Residents, a band that rumors say Les Claypool is a member of - he's not). And Hamburger Train is Primus happily jamming away for a stron eight minutes.

This isn't their best album, but it's got some good stuff.

Evolver | 3/5 |