Kate Bush - Never For Ever CD (album) cover

NEVER FOR EVER

Kate Bush

Frankie Flowers
4 stars I must admit, this album took some time to grow on me but it was more than worth it. After enjoying this artist's first two releases, I eventually felt that Never For Ever was Kate Bush's best album to date. Repeated listens are recommended to capture its magic.

The album has quite an eeriness to it, even more so than before. And you may find that the arrangements are often exotic but they still have their subtlety. It is the things you don't notice so much at first that are pretty progressive too. "Egypt" is a good example and it is one of my personal favourites.

Commercial success came with "Babooshka" which is an interesting song inspired by an old Turkish story."Delius (Song For Summer)" is mesmerizing and another one of my favourites. I also soon fell in love with the rather haunting "The Infant Kiss" and "Army Dreamers". Kate displays some of her theatrics she was previously known for on "The Wedding List" and "Breathing". "Violin" is just as fun and stands out as the most upbeat track on the album.

This is a marvellous work that deserves the praise it's had on this site. As I said, more or less, the overall sound is strangely beautiful and unique. It would be an excellent addition to any music collection! Four stars.

Frankie Flowers | 4/5 |