Il Tempio Delle Clessidre - Il Tempio Delle Clessidre CD (album) cover

IL TEMPIO DELLE CLESSIDRE

Il Tempio Delle Clessidre

Rock Progressivo Italiano

BrufordFreak
4 stars An album of exceedingly well-crafted and performed songs, alas, the weakness, for me, is what others consider its strength: its vocals. Stefano "Lupo" Galifi, formerly of MUSEO ROSENBACH, is strong and confident, but his voices sounds aged and a bit over the top. Yes, his voice is fairly typical for the RPI scene, but I have found myself enjoying more of the groups that employ a team approach--where harmonies dominate more than a bombastic lead singer (PFM, MAXOPHONE come to mind). Still, the collectioin of intricately constructed symphonic songs here are performed so well--so clean and crisp--and with such melodic and emotional heights that I welcome the album's stay atop the charts. It is a very solid, strong four star album. However, the best album of the year, IMHO, is CICCADA's A Child in the Mirror.
BrufordFreak | 4/5 |