Satellite - Evening Games CD (album) cover

EVENING GAMES

Satellite

Prognut
4 stars This Polish Band is amazing!! They do really cool stuff, in my opinion as good or in some ways even better than Pendragon or IQ (and I am a huge fan of both).

Definitively a underrated band, that without a doubt are delivering nowadays the best Modern Symphonic Rock coming out of Poland, and IMO from that part of Europe anyway!!

This time around the guitars are not handled by Mr Gil, so the Hackett sound is less evident!! (However, is mention on the credits?!), That in a way may have work better for at least this production, which have plenty of musical turns.. And, that al least to me after my first spin, leave me with a little Metal aftertaste (in a very few passages)...fantastic Second release, and indeed a progression from "A Street...."

Some passages more heavy in a progressive sense, while others more acoustic; they seem to have found the right formula, still very melodic and accessible. With Robert Amirian soothing voice leading the way. I personally would like the Modern Marillion to sound something like this!! Wishful thinking!

If you are into Modern Symphonic Prog (AKA Neo-Prog), you will not be disappointed at all. So.....what are you waiting for?.....

Prognut | 4/5 |