Neal Morse - Testimony Live  CD (album) cover

Neal Morse

2 stars What is this??? I love God, but I don't need hear this in a rock show... When I go to a concert of Prog Rock (or another Rock Styles) I want to distract myself, I want to fly in the magic that is music! I don't need a guy crying to me why Jesus is his saviour, or how your life was empty without God. I think religion is a thing extremely personal. Well, Mr. Morse is a great composer, a good entertainer, but his new project don't please me. The songs aren't so good like Spock's Beard, and when they seemed religious hymns... is horrible!!! The musicians aren't rockers like the Bearders. They try, but don't get it! And I don't think that Mike Portnoy makes a great difference in this holed boat. If you want to see the best of Neal Morse live, get the Spock's Beard "Don't Try This at Home" DVD. It's WONDERFUL !!!
hebrius | 2/5 |