Xenn - Offworld CD (album) cover

2 stars There isn't actually much this record can offer me. I could imagine that one of their influences is late TALK TALK which does not give me anything as well. It's mainly soft mellow music with a bit spacey approach. One of the better tracks is "Dark Matter" which reminds a bit to early PORCUPINE TREE. But altogether this band shows a bit more poppy, not so much proggy approach. After a few songs the album becomes quite tiresome to listen. If at all it might be interesting for fans of TALK TALK, maybe SIGUR ROS, but I would rather recommend PORCUPINE TREE for this kind of music.2 stars that's the highest rating I can give.
hdfisch | 2/5 |