Pochakaite Malko - Laya CD (album) cover

RIO/Avant-Prog

DamoXt7942
Forum & Site Admin Group
Moderator / Psych Team
4 stars Look at their album sleeve, how do you feel? I've been very amazed (and shocked) at the kinky world.

Honest to say I've not known about Bulgarian music previously (as you may know, "Pochakaite Malko" is a Bulgarian phrase, that means "wait a minute" in English) and tried quick listening. Bulgarian melodies, ways of singing, tuning, voicing up-and-down ... something of affinity for me is here. Do not know the truth they have named themselves for Bulgarian stuffs (in near future they will mention about the origin of their outfit signboard, surely), but feeling close to them as Eastern people should be one of important issues I imagine.

This was my first POCHAKAITE MALKO's album, that could at first fascinate me by Akihisa TSUBOY's violin solos. And furthermore, here is a flood of music fruits ... Junzo TATEIWA's stateless percussion (with tabla), Shigekazu KUWAHARA's deep bass phantasmagoria, and Kazuo OGINO's beautiful, and somewhat cynical keyboard fantasista ... all of them can twine around together, absorb all listeners in front of them, and sublimate themselves without breathing. POCHAKAITE MALKO world cannot exist even if here's not one of four keen creators, methinks.

Terrifically complex and delightful music front line and rhythm nation are around them. Amazingly, these four-piece talented gang can play such an eccentric and complex kaleidoscope as if they could do naturally, without any hard effort. Actually Japanese likes, and tries to get "Technique", but we can be immersed in their unaffected skill and power surely.

DamoXt7942 | 4/5 |