King Crimson - USA CD (album) cover

USA

King Crimson

Slartibartfast
4 stars USA is one of those albums I really wasn't particularly impressed with when I got a copy of the LP (vinyl). The Asbury Park jam just wasn't worth the price of admission, as it were. Then they went and put out a remaster with Fracture and Starless added at the end and now you have a well rounded live set.

I don't know if it's just the remaster speaking to me, but the whole set seems a lot fresher than it used to be. Many of these live songs can also be found on The Great Deceiver box set but this is an excellent snap shot of a band that was really peaking and yet about to die.

Slartibartfast | 4/5 |