Gentle Giant - Giant On The Box CD (album) cover

GIANT ON THE BOX

Gentle Giant

tothmpsn
4 stars Freakin' Amazing.

I was too young to see Gentle Giant live when they were at their peak. I've been a Giant fan since the first time I heard "In A Glass House", and I've always been stunned by their pure musicianship, mastery of instruments, and ability to utilize time signatures and insane vocal parts within the structure of some great rock music.

Then I saw the DVD and realized that they could do all of this live and unedited. Wow.

This is a five-star release for any Giant fan and any fan of ultra-complex prog. I can't justify putting a DVD with some song repeats and some questionable camerawork in the same 5-star range as "Close To The Edge" or "Misplaced Childhood", but this is a fantastic live document.

Let's hope all the other classic prog bands release footage of the glory days, not what they are today!!!

| 4/5 |