Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

METROPOLIS PART 2: SCENES FROM A MEMORY

Dream Theater

Mystery
2 stars This was the album that sealed the deal for me and discouraged me from further buying more DT albums. Prior to this I heard Images and Words, which is a good album in its right, but since Kevin Moore left the band I haven't really enjoyed the music much at all. I read a bunch of praise for this album, so I figured it couldn't be a bad spend, and really I feel like it was. It's not terribly done, but it's not fantastic either, and for the most part it's boring to me. The riffs get old, JLB's voice sounds utterly terrible in several songs, and the structure isn't very interesting, yet the concept is to an extent.

I've never been a huge DT fan, and I've heard samples and entire songs from other albums, but it's not for me. I can't get through 4 songs on this album because musicianship alone does not captivate me.

Mystery | 2/5 |