The Soft Machine - Fourth CD (album) cover

FOURTH

The Soft Machine

Canterbury Scene

ZowieZiggy
2 stars I won't be too long in the description of this musical experience: the fourth album from "Soft Machine".

While I was positively enthusiast about their debut album, I couldn't really cope with their production afterwards (except on eside of their "Third" album).

While there was still one (and ONLY one) excellent song on their previous release ("Moon In June"), I can't find any out here. Pure jazz rock music from A to Z. Mostly free jazz and conventional one.

Not my cup of tea AT ALL. I am trying hard to find anything positive about this work. The musicianship of course, but in terms of "song" writing, this resembles to the Sahara: a huge desert as far as I am concerned.

I will rate this work with two stars (but three out of ten would be more accurate). This album is meant for jazz lovers only.

Nous ne serons jamais d'accord Antoine. Ni propos de "Soft Machine" ni propos de "Genesis".

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |