Radiohead - Hail To The Thief CD (album) cover

HAIL TO THE THIEF

Radiohead

Marcelo
1 stars I don't know why a band as RADIOHEAD is considerated progressive. From my point of view, this is an alternative-pop band (more pop than alternative), absolutely commercial and lack of creativity. OK, if you compare them with another terrible MTV crap "musicians", it's quite better, but... is this enough to speak about a "prog" group?

Many times, I think that prog community has some panic about the death of our beloved music. So, desperately try to find, in the new movements, progressive hints or "hidden" prog.

Anyway, "Hail to the Thief" IS NOT a progressive or an "almost progressive" cd. I only heard the same basic guitars and drums along the whole album. The melodies are the same, rythms are the same, there are not changes, surprises, beauty... Summarizing, there are not interesting elements here. Boring! Totally.

Marcelo | 1/5 |