Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Storia Di Un Minuto CD (album) cover

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

5 stars "Storia di un minuto" is certainly one of the best debut albums of all times.Are 34 minutes (only this?) the best progressive rock that Italy has in offer.The, along with the album after the PFM, "Per un Amico", one of my favorite albums of all time.

The first two tracks, "Introduzione"and "Impressione di setembre", are average, but "E'festa"is really a masterpiece! this was the first track from the band that I heard (here in Progarchives) and is now a of my favorite ever of band.The two parts of "Dove...Quando"are excellent, although the second part, an epic packed with Mellotrons instrumental, stringed instruments, flutes, etc.., easily surpasses the first. "La carroza di Hans" was the track who I most took me to like it, but now I realize how fantastic it is.Despite of his strange introduction she calms down and grows increasingly by a wonderful guitar section culminating in a jazz-fusion and subsequently a great mellotron that closes. "Grazie Dawero" is another candidate for best music of album.The brass instruments works perfectly here, and the choruses are in their best.A fastly information: the introduction of this song is similar to that of "Brain Damage " by Pink Floyd (which was released a year later in "Dark Side of the Moon").

Anyway, this album is nothing less than perfect, so I'll give you 5 stars.

voliveira | 5/5 |