Raccomandata Ricevuta Ritorno - Il Pittore Volante CD (album) cover

Raccomandata Ricevuta Ritorno

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

RRR is back again with their second album after a 38 years long break. As far as I remember, the first album was pretty much a complex slightly jazzy album. Il Pittore Volante is not.

In contrast to the debut album, RRR has taken a more pop-rock route on Il Pittore Volante. The music is pretty uncomplicated and therein; commercial. Commercial without the great tracks that require. Yes, there are a lot of RPI influences here too. The language for example. But most of this album is uncomplicated piano, female choir and guitar driven pop-rock. The opening track Il Cambiamento is the exception from this rule though.

Despite of my general disdain towards the pop-rock genre, most of this album contains some good to very good music. La Spiaggia for example with the strong Jethro Tull influences. The rest of the album is not of the same high standard as the two above mentioned songs.

This is a good effort and RRR is welcomed back again to the scene. But this album is does not hit the high notes in my home, I am afraid.

3 stars