Guru Guru - UFO CD (album) cover

Guru Guru

3 stars The debut album by Guru Guru and one with an iconic status in the scene. This album has been life changing experiences, I have been told.

This album is not the second coming of Jesus Christ in my view. It is rather five medium long acid tripped out guitar, drums and bass solos with some sound effects thrown in. The music is mostly very loosely structured on the top of a dubious sound quality. This feels like a jam session punctuated by some sound effects and then recorded. And that is probably the truth about this album too. That and plenty of funny-cigarettes and/or powder.

Reviewing this album stone cold sober and with little sense of humour, the result is not that particular good. But this is by no means a bad album and I can see it's qualities. This is a good album, but by no means a great album. The lack of great pieces of music is my main gripe with this album. But it is still a good album and that's it.

3 stars (very weak)