Alrune Rod - Alrune Rod CD (album) cover

Alrune Rod

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars I think this record could have/should have been much better than it is. I find most of the LP to be disjointed and inconsistent. Some segments of it are truly awesome, but they are heavily punctuated with slow, heavy, and dragging passages that degrade the better sections and deform their music as a whole. Yes, I am sure this approach was deliberate, and that they were going for something that I am just plain missing. Perhaps repeated listenings would enlighten me. But for now, I've got to call it as I hear it. Grades - 1 B, 3 B-'s, and a C. Great psychedelic cover! For those who don't have a gatefold, what you see in the image of the front cover above is exactly 1 half of the complete picture, with the mirror image of the front on the back. Use your imagination!
fant0mas | 3/5 |