James Labrie - Elements Of Persuasion CD (album) cover

James Labrie

3 stars The cd is good. Great production, great musicians, maybe it isn't a straight up prog cd but nonetheless, a great spin. Some say it's terrible, that Labrie is trying to cater to the new metal crowd (!) and that Hetfield would be a better singer for the project (again, !). Oh my gosh, how could someone say that. Anyway, just because something is greatly produced, it is not new metal, alright? Besides, new metal is alive and thriving because, guess what, they have an audience, like prog obviously does. If not, YOU wouldn't be here, posting and stuff. To recap I liked the first two solo efforts from Labrie, I love this one the best because it caters to my 'heavy-riffage' addiction. I paid for the cd, it satisfies my musical need, everybody's happy!
| 3/5 |