The Reign of Kindo - This Is What Happens CD (album) cover

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

The Reign of Kindo

snobb
2 stars I was interested to hear this album when I'd read on few sites that music there is "avant jazz fusion". When I got it from very first sounds I understood I was mistaken.

Not like this album is bad - well played nice melodic songs with jazzy arrangements. But - no traces of avant or just experimentation of any kind. Well done nice pop-rock/indie pop album.

Guys play really nice, songs are enough catchy, possibly a bit too polished and comfortable. But prog lover wouldn't find much interesting music there, this album is released for different listener.

Don't repeat my mistake - there is no prog jazz fusion or avant jazz rock at all on this album. But I believe Steely Dan's fans could be interested and possibly even will like this music.

My rating is 2+ ( fans of melodic quality pop-rock with jazzy flavour could add one star for sure).

snobb | 2/5 |