Man On Fire - Habitat CD (album) cover

Man On Fire

4 stars Absolutely a keeper. The music is beautifully layered and the story/concept hepls draws the listener into "The Block". Much of the album gives a Rush or Kansas feel which, in my humble opinion, can never be listed as a bad thing.

I have probably listened through the CD 20+ times and seem to enjoy in more each time. It can be enjoyed with the headphones on and the volume up, or is the background while doing other things.

While the lyrics are excellent and paint a truly visual picture of each of the characters, the music is what makes this album as each song truly defines a mood which can't be missed by the listener.

I have to agree with Charlie P aka "The Banzainator", tracks 8-12 are truly the best on the CD. If I had to further narrow it down I would have to say 10-12 are my true favorites.

All told, an excellent CD and a great addition to the collection. I hope to see MoF start to receive more widespread play and notoriety which would be weel earned based on this work.

| 4/5 |