Pearls Before Swine / Tom Rapp - Balaklava CD (album) cover

Pearls Before Swine / Tom Rapp

Prog Folk

3 stars Not really my cup of tea, but.........

Pearls Before Swine was a hippie folk rock band and Tom Rapp, the driving force in Pearls Before Swine and it's vocalist was often compared to Bob Dylan. Tom's vocals are miles better than Bob's too often annoying vocals. The same also goes for the music here. Nice and pretty melodic and well crafted simplified folk rock. A man and his guitar + violin and other discreet instrumentations. Everything is based on Tom Rapp's vocals though.

The music here is not really interesting, but still have some good qualities. This music is certainly not my cup of tea and well outside my comfort zone, but I still recognize it's qualities. The lyrics are good and the music have a warm feeling. And that's all I can say about this album, really.

3 stars