Le Orme - Venerdi CD (album) cover

Le Orme

Rock Progressivo Italiano

2 stars **1/2

This is not a bad album. It is just not a good progressive album. There are moments when I really like the music but then there are as much of the moments that I don't like it. The musicians play well as you would expect from these guys but everything is just simpler. Aldo Tagliapietra shines like he always does.

My favourite tracks are "Arianna", "Cerchero", "Venerdi" and "Rubacuori". If all the tracks were as good as these I would give this album a three star rating. Unfortunately, you can hear in almost all tracks that Le Orme had adopted a more pop oriented sound compared to their masterpieces from the beginning of the seventies. The instrumental song "Venerdi" is actually a very nice piece of music and kinda addictive.

Conclusion: For Le Orme fans only.

geezer | 2/5 |