Spirit - Feedback CD (album) cover

Jake T
5 stars The biggest mistake they made was to call this band Spirit. All the dedicated Spirit followers immediately rejected this wonderful album and have campaigned against it for nearly 40 years. The album has also been compared to the Jo Jo Gunne album, and even though their styles are similar, I find Feedback to be far superior to anything Jo Jo Gunne ever released. If you are wanting to hear classic Spirit, you won't find it in this album. What you will hear is an absolute classic rock album with superior musicianship. I love every song, especially the instrumental pieces Puesta Del Scam and Trancas Fog-Out. To quote a line from the song Darkness, "What is this place that we're living in?", great question. The only criticism I have is that the background vocals are a bit too gospel choir-like. But don't listen to me, and certainly don't listen to the Randy California fans, listen to the album.
Jake T | 5/5 |