Panic Room - Satellite CD (album) cover

Panic Room

2 stars Hmmmmmmmmm.....

I normally bypass the numerous lengthy features Classic Rock Present Prog have on the female vocalist fronts British AOR/Neo Prog bands. I am not an admirer of this scene whatsoever. Panic Room is one band in this scene and somehow, this album has ended up in my home.

The music here is pretty commercial AOR bordering to Neo-Prog. Yes, the female vocals is here and this album lives and breathes along with Anne Marie Helder's effective, but still limited vocals. They are effective on the music given to her, but still pretty limited too. She comes across as a mix of Madonna and in particular; Andrea Corr. The rest of the instrumentations is competent enough.

The quality of the material here is pretty decent, but never rises above that level. The vocal harmonies are pretty annoying and reminds me far too much about The Corrs for my liking. I get the feeling that Panic Room is wearing dangerously close to the vacuum left by The Corrs. And that is not a compliment, btw. A song like I Am A Cat is simply an embarrassment and a cringe worthy listening experience. I cannot come up with a single song which balances out the foul taste that song has left in my mouth.

In short; this album is not to my taste, I regretfully have to report.

2 stars