NeBeLNeST - NoVa eXPReSS  CD (album) cover

NOVA EXPRESS

NeBeLNeST

RIO/Avant-Prog

snobb
3 stars Second NEBELNEST album, possibly, most representative for their sound. Dark, almost with Magma-influenced rhythms and cold totalitarian atmosphere, at the same time this album contains plenty of different elements, as metal guitars, symphonic keyboards and even jazzy drumming.

Very professional, well balanced, but as often with French bands with over-arranged and too polished sound, music which I can accept by mind, but it doesn't stick with me. Not real zeuhl, avant-jazz or chamber music, there is all in one for everyone's taste.

Still sounds too empty for me, more external sound constructions, but without filling. Very competent album, just not my cup of tea.

snobb | 3/5 |