NeBeLNeST - ZePTO CD (album) cover

ZEPTO

NeBeLNeST

RIO/Avant-Prog

snobb
3 stars After too darkly-symphonic second album, this, band's third release, is a bit more interesting listening for me. Plenty of scratching guitars, distorted sound,some zeuhl atmosphere, but less over-arranged sound - all this changed this album for good.

No more trying to be prog rock, zeuhl and dark avant all-in-one, this album has it's own face. Obviously more avant and even jazzy (in a free jazz manner). this music if not catchy or easy accessible is at least interesting too listen.

My problem with this album is same as with both previous: under external sound experiments, improvs and energetic noisy well-organized chaos I can't find music's soul. Not tunes or melodies, we are speaking about quite noisy free-form avant compositions, but something under the skin I such enjoy in Naked City's much more noisy and brutal releases.

My rating is 3+.