Rush - 2112 CD (album) cover

2112

Rush

toroddfuglesteg
5 stars To write a slightly balanced review of an album that has meant a heck of a lot to me for the last twenty years is difficult. But it has to be done, I am afraid.

2112 really does not need any introductions or any long review either. I will be brief and to the point in this review.

2112 is a seminal album in the history of progressive rock and in particular; art rock. The twenty minutes long title track is in my view one of the best ever rock epics. It has a lot of dept and twists most other epics are sadly lacking. It is on full par with the best epics Yes has written. It is a giant of an epic....... It also means a heck of a lot to me, these twenty minutes. The lyrics are also special in their weirdness. Yes, the over excited vocals is an acquired taste but that is only a small blemish on 2112. Geddy's vocals on the slow parts is brilliant though.

Then we have the shorter tracks at the end. A Passage To Bangkok is a classic and the same goes for Something For Nothing. The hidden gems here are Tears and Lessons while The Twilight Zone is a great song but nothing more than that.

In short; this album is among the five best albums I have in my house and a true classic in my estimation. It is also a part of me now as an avid listener to it for two decades. Nuff said.

5 stars