Kraftwerk - Kraftwerk CD (album) cover

Progressive Electronic

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
3 stars Kraftwerk is known for being at the heart of Krautrock especially the electronic part of it and they are everybit as important as Guru Guru , Can , Tangerine Dream, Early Popol Vuh, Neu!/La Dusseldorf. However if you are likely to remember them as electonic pop , this first album will indeed surprise as there are no Synths at all and the music here is full of "normal" instruments. Ruckzuck even starts out with a flute! As you might now guess , we are nor really in Autobahn territory , but this music is still severly hard to grasp fully!

Klaus Dinger of Neu! also contributes drums on this album. This album is the direct result of Ralf and Florian having constructed their KlingKlang soundstudios at home and they bare heavily experimenting.

I should really give this album its fourth star as it is essential for anyone loving experimental Krautrock (I am one of those ) but somehow this album never got IMHO to a cult status with me! Least I can say is that I am a minority!

Sean Trane | 3/5 |