The Moody Blues - The Present  CD (album) cover

The Moody Blues

4 stars This is the last good Moody Blues record record! If you don't have it, you should get it!

Unfortunately, this is followed by a string of albums that just don't measure up. This one, however, is nearly as good as Long Distance Voyager and stands well with their best from the sixties and seventies.

While there's nothing here that I don't like, my two clear favorites are the Ray Thomas tunes "Going Nowhere" and "I Am/Sorry". Wonderfully orchestrated, meaningful lyrics and beautifully sung.

Another highlight for me is "Hole in the World/Under My Feet".

The oft-mentioned "Blue World" is fine, but dims somewhat compared with these other songs.

This is a good listen, well worth owning.

Megalotis | 4/5 |