Ad Infinitum - Ad Infinitum CD (album) cover

Ad Infinitum

2 stars I don't own this album anymore, so this review will be pretty brief. But the fact that I got rid of it should tell you how i feel about it. As a band whose mission statement was to return to the classic 70s symphonic sound, and even got Roger Dean to do the cover, I was very disappointed. I recall liking the track Overland a lot, but that was it. Otherwise, the singing was weak, but even worse was the songwriting. To be good prog, you have to do more than just play the Mellotron and have long tracks - the melodies have to be solid too. And this was sorely lacking.
| 2/5 |