Fish - Thirteenth Star CD (album) cover

THIRTEENTH STAR

Fish

KeepItDark
4 stars Expectations exceeded!

I had purchased 13th Star with generally low expectations however from the opening track "Circle Line" to the closing "13th Star" this is an exceptional recording that exceeds all expectations.

The tracks have been composed by Fish along with bassist Steve Vantsis. The writing is very strong with excellent instrumental passages and with a generally heavier feel. As we would expect many of the songs are deeply personal but this does not distract at all. There are no weak songs.

This is an excellent return by fish to neo-prog. I would hesitate to call it a masterpiece (5 stars) but it is certainly 4 star material and I would consider it as essential in any prog collection.

4.4 stars. Very highly recommended. Go and get a copy.

KeepItDark | 4/5 |