Moon Safari - Lover's End CD (album) cover

Moon Safari

4 stars In my opinion MOON SAFRI "Lover's End" it is the best of the 3 albums released to the moment by this Swedish band, a work that in spite of presenting themes quite elaborated doesn't tire the listener. In this disk, however, I could verify a tendency of guitar and keyboard play the same scale, using very similartimbre (in certain moments), what have been avoid, therefore, would give a larger "color" in the melodies and harmonies. However it fits to emphasize, that the disk presents many unanswerable qualities, among them beautiful vocal arrangements, an almost always present slide guitar (in Steve Howe's best style), the constant use of acoustic instruments as 12 strings guitar and acoustic piano and still a bucolic climate in most of the tracks. I highlight among them the track 2 " Kid Called Panic", track 6. " Heartland" and the track 7 "Crossed the Rubicon" pieces worthy of consisting in any prog-rock collection Summarizing, if you like YES, GENESIS, RENAISSANCE, with certainty will like this disk also. My rate is 4 stars!!!
maryes | 4/5 |