James Labrie - Elements Of Persuasion CD (album) cover

ELEMENTS OF PERSUASION

James Labrie

wicked_argonian
4 stars Ah yes, James Labrie. I wish I could sing like him. But alas all I can do is support him so he can make more albums like this.

I'm an avid Dream Theater fan, and the new album simply rocks. However, I mistook a song off of THIS album for the new Dream Theater album and my immediate reaction was "This isn't what Dream Theater is about". So that's the first thing. It's not a Dream Theater clone by any means.

In all honesty, James Labrie succedes where Linkin Park failed horribly. Take Linkin Park and keep the catchy melodies intact. Add a better vocalist, less cheesy lyrics, and fancier guitar work and you have Elements of Persuasion.

| 4/5 |