Ozric Tentacles - Strangeitude CD (album) cover

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

4 stars To me, Ozric Tentatacles make organic space groove rock. It's all in the beat. Right from the start, a new agey synth starts off the album then WHAMMO, in comes the techno beat. This is bliss music and then some! This was my first album I bought by the Oz's and I remember being totally blown away by the sounds coming from the speakers. I never heard anything like them, (I was not into Gong back then). This was prog to dance to! (If you can imagine Deadheads dancing...:-))The first three tracks are songs that you could probably play for a female music fan who may not like prog. But for my money, "Space Between Your Ears" is the ultimate track on this album. Mind bending, space rock that chugs along until half way through when it picks up speed and takes off! Ed Wynne's guitar just soars on the track. Magnificent! When you're tired of your basic symph, jazz, neo- prog and want something different. Pick an Ozric album, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
NJprogfan | 4/5 |