Frank Zappa - Studio Tan CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

5 stars I find the first track on this album to be a real masterpiece of music that I'm not sure if even Zappa himself ever managed to top. It is clearly the most insane Frank Zappa song I have personally heard...and I feel like I've heard a pretty good deal of Frank Zappa. There was a time when I thought "Relayer" was complicated....but after listening to "the adventures of.." it just changed my whole perspective of what complicated actually means. I don't know how the guy wrote it, but he managed, and again it is just insane. '75 was surely a great year, and I believe some of this was taped at UCLA in what must have been a very cutting edge studio. Superb sound quality. The rest of the record is very good's all about the packaging of songs....I believe on the vinyl the next track is "lemme take you to the beach" which is a 3 minute pop how that transfer from song 1 to song 2 works is beyond me but it does, so open your ears for some musically explicit perversions.
SongJohn | 5/5 |