UK - Night After Night  CD (album) cover

3 stars All those rating this UK live record higher than 3 stars I think never listened to the unofficial one Shadows In The Sun which is definitively much better despite the worse sound quality. First reason is because it was recorded in 1978 with the full line-up including Allan Holdsworth and second it does not contain such weak poppy tracks like As long as you want me here, Nothing To Loose and the the title track, two of them being new tracks, but providing anything interesting. Apart of this the musicianship on here is really brilliant, good vocals and bass by John Wetton as usual, great keys and violin by Eddie Jobson and Terry Bozzio is anyway an awesome drummer. But still this live record can't fascinate me as much as the other mentioned one. Even highlights as In the dead of night, Alaska or Caesar's Palace blues can't change this impression. So 3 stars is for me the absolute maximum to give for this record.
hdfisch | 3/5 |