Enchant - Tug Of War CD (album) cover

4 stars Aahh, art rock. The short step afar the prog drawing closer to radio friendly material. The rock bands running from the herd towards prog are few these days. We have to get back to Rush in the 90's to finally find something solid. Well, it's about time somebody did something. And I am wrong or the North Americans really dominates this category? Rush, Styx, Kansas and now Enchant.

Boy this feels fresh and revigorating! Feels like a facial by Clinique!

I'm really happy to get a piece of America with this record. The sound is North American made by the same people for North Americans. This rocks more than it progs, but art rockers are so far away in our memories, don't you think? Rush bowed their heads a couple of albums ago and the future's dark for that category. And that kind of lighter music really shakes you up, makes you wanna drive and SING OUT LOUD the choruses. Oh man, feels good to finally hear a chorus once in a while! After the complexity of many phases of progressive rock, the refreshing, cooling attitude of Enchant is what I needed.

Enchant is a cute little band without the pretention of America's most wanted: Dream Theater. The bluff is out, they don't copy anything...they just rock. And a good bravo to the keyboard dude who pops up many forgotten keyboard sounds.

Amateurs of Rush 90's albums like Test for Echo or Roll the Bones and their side projects (Victor or My Favorite Headache) should give attention to this record.

Aahh, art rock...the only category to find a prog song actually ending with a fade out.

Enchant: efficient and humble rocking band with bite.

Menswear | 4/5 |