Tr3nity - Precious Seconds CD (album) cover

PRECIOUS SECONDS

Tr3nity

Mellotron Storm
3 stars TR3NITY are a Neo-Prog band out of the UK and this is their second and most recent release from 2004. It's interesting that i'm the first collaborator to give this 3 stars as the rest have given 2 or 4 stars respectively. I really enjoyed parts of this album as I listened to it all of last week, and while it does have it's moments,overall I think 3 stars is fair from my standpoint. We get five long tracks over 68 1/2 minutes.

"Livin A Lie" opens with atmosphere as the guitar soars.The guitar stops before 2 1/2 minutes but the atmosphere continues. Faint spoken words can be heard in the background. Drums and bass before 4 minutes.The guitar comes to the fore after 5 1/2 minutes.Vocals for the first time 7 minutes in. Some nice bass after 9 minutes and the tempo picks up suddenly before 13 minutes and synths join in. "Run Before You Walk" opens with piano as vocals join in. A fuller sound 1 1/2 minutes in which sounds excellent. A calm with piano once again 3 minutes in then it rebuilds.The guitar leads 5 1/2 minutes in and vocals are back a minute later. A guitar solo starts before 8 minutes but it's brief.

"From Afar" has a light intro and reserved vocals join in. Drums then some prominant bass after 4 minutes.Vocals are back before 8 minutes. A pleasant track. "More Than I Deserve" opens with piano and fragile vocals.The vocals stop after 3 minutes and don't return until before 9 minutes. In between we get some good instrumental work that builds before 4 minutes then levels out. "The Last Great Climb" is the over 20 minute closer. Atmosphere to start and vocals come in around a minute. Piano, drums and bass kick in after 2 minutes. A tasteful guitar solo before 8 minutes. A couple of prolonged instrumental passages come and go before this one ends.

A good album that Neo-Prog fans should check out.

Mellotron Storm | 3/5 |