Lost World - Awakening of the Elements CD (album) cover

Lost World

4 stars In his second album "Awakening of the Elements" the Russian band LOST WORLD, presents a plenty eclectic progressive . And the best comparison that I get to establish is with the American band HANDS, although it is possible to recognize some smaller influences of other bands as for instance KANSAS (other American band) and something of JETHRO TULL. However, I should detach , in certain moments an approach with the world-music (as for instance in the track 2 "Infinity Street" where a duet of acoustic guitar, sends us to flamenco themes) or still in certain violin passages that sounded as a type of stylized tango, as for instance in the theme of opening of the track 9 "States of Mind. Part III." I detach the tracks 1 "Awakening of the Elements", track 6 "Schostoccata" and the track 11 "Collision of the Elements." My rate is 4 stars!!!
maryes | 4/5 |